Women’s magazine Linda (www.lindamagazine.nl) published this month an interesting fact sheet about #office behavior. And although this may not be supported by “empirical” evidence (no sources were mentioned) it is interesting to read. It doesn’t keep you from wondering if you yourself are part of those statistics.
Read for yourself:
- 4 out of 10 persons have had a relationship with a colleague
- 80% talks on monday morning with colleagues about the past weekend. OF them 27% lies about what he has done and what TV programs he has seen
- 25% thinks that their colleagues make too much noise
- A office desk contains 400x more bacteries compared to a toilet seat. Desks of women are 3x more dirty than those of men
- 25% of the work week on average is spend on meetings
- 1 out of 5 persons occasionally falls asleep at work
- During the Christmas drink only 9% of the employees talks to their #manager
- The first 30 minutes at work is spend on drinking coffee, chatting and reading the #news paper.
- On Tuesday morning at 10:00 the work stress is at its peak.
- 1 out of 6 people with a Facebook #account is friends with their boss.
- 33% rather sits in the bad odors of his/her colleague rather than saying something about it.
- Deliberately not returning borrowed items of colleagues is according to 70% of the employees part of teasing/bullying
We are interested in your views or if you found any official studies done in this area. Tremendously interesting how people behave.